Friday, March 30, 2007

Sorry


I couldn't help myself.

Just got back from a few days in Kruger Park which, by the way, was fantastic. In spite of some people saying it's the wrong time of year, the bush is too thick after the rains, it's more like a zoo, etc.

It's not. It's brilliant. I can strongly recommend it. We saw tons of animals - including having two different herds of elephants sandwich us, and coming across two old male lions wandering down the middle of the road - and the weather was perfect. Cool and overcast. So the Kruger Park is fab. Go see for yourself.

But then we saw this. And I couldn't help myself. Had to snap the shot and post the blog. A bit like a sportswriter who, after our ginger-haired opening bowler has a brilliant game, has to write, "Polly has a cracker!!!".

And I've always thought that, in another life, I'd like to have been a sportswriter. Because in that profession, puns are deemed a badge of honour. As opposed to an invitation to have people sneer at you condescendingly.

So, yes. It's a pic of striped animals moving from one side of the road to the other.

Come on, you don't think I'm actually going to type it out for you, do you? I mean, the reader has to do some work, right?

Right.

2 comments:

Robyn Vickers said...

I am dripping, slimy, green with envy. I've been having shaky, hot dreams about the dry heat, the ache of limbs curled for too long in the car, the smell of bacon sizzling at the picnic spots, the long, languid evenings cooling off at the lodge river-lookout.

Where did you stay?

WRM said...

Is it a zebra crossing? It must be, because there are zebras in the pic and they are crossing. Although it would be better if it were a pic of just ONE zebra crossing the road. Then it would really be a zebra crossing.